Where can I obtain information on construction tolerances?

The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) publishes a publication titled Residential Construction Performance Guidelines, which has information on construction tolerances. There are versions for both homeowners and contractors. Visit http://www.builderbooks.com/ for ordering information.

National Association of Home Builders
1201 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005

Phone: (202) 266-8200
Toll-Free: (800) 368-5242
Fax: (202) 266-8400

In addition, WoodWorks offers information on Common Construction Tolerance Limits for Light-frame Wood Construction.