LEESBURG, VA. – The American Wood Council (AWC) today announced the election of LP Corporation’s Executive Vice President Neil Sherman as the AWC Board of Directors’ Chairman of the Board for a one-year term, effective January 1, 2020.
T. Furman Brodie, Vice President of Charles Ingram Lumber Co., was elected First Vice-Chairman, and Eric Cremers, President and Chief Operating Officers of PotlatchDeltic, was elected as Second Vice-Chairman. Roseburg Forest Products Chairman Allyn Ford will serve as the Immediate Past Chairman.
New members to the AWC board in 2020 include Nate Jorgensen, Boise Cascade; Kevin McKinley, Canadian Wood Council; Keith O’Rear, Weyerhaeuser Company; and Todd Payne, Seneca Sawmill. Mike Dawson with Norbord was elected to a second two-year term.
“Allyn led the AWC Board for two years, providing oversight and guidance to the organization. During that time, AWC achieved significant Council milestones, including the breakthrough approval of tall mass timber code changes. I’m glad he is willing to continue serving as a member of our board to provide his valuable counsel,” said AWC President & CEO Robert Glowinski.
About incoming Chairman Neil Sherman, Glowinski said, “Neil has been in the wood products industry for over 25 years and has served on the AWC board for four years. He has been an asset to our Board and I look forward to working with him as Chairman as we prepare for the opportunities and challenges to come.”
The full AWC board of directors includes:
- Chairman Neil Sherman, LP Corporation;
- First Vice-Chairman Furman Brodie, Charles Ingram Lumber Co.;
- Second Vice-Chairman Eric Cremers, PotlatchDeltic;
- Immediate Past Chairman Allyn Ford, Roseburg Forest Products;
- and, Marc Brinkmeyer, Idaho Forest Group; Mike Dawson, Norbord, Inc.; George Emmerson, Sierra Pacific; Nate Jorgensen, Boise Cascade; Fritz Mason, Georgia Pacific; Kevin McKinley, Canadian Wood Council; Sean McLaren, West Fraser; Andrew Miller, Stimson Lumber; Keith O’Rear, Weyerhaeuser Company; Joe Patton, Westervelt; Todd Payne, Seneca Sawmill; Ricky Stanley, TR Miller Mill; and Fred Stimpson, Canfor Southern Pine.