LEESBURG, VA. – The American Wood Council (AWC) today announced the election of Roseburg Forest Products Chairman Allyn Ford as the AWC chairman for a one-year term, effective in January 2018.
Danny White, a director of T.R. Miller Mill Company, was elected the first vice-chairman, and Neil Sherman, executive vice president of siding at LP Corporation, was elected as second vice-chairman. Current AWC board chairman, Stimson Lumber CEO Andrew Miller, will serve as the immediate past chairman.
Sean McLaren, vice president of U.S. lumber operations for West Fraser, was confirmed as a new member to the AWC board.
“Andrew was at the helm during a time of significant opportunity for the wood products industry,” said AWC President & CEO Robert Glowinski. “With his leadership as chairman this past year we completed important work to prepare for the 2021 code cycle and address challenges we face in the marketplace. I look forward to working with Allyn as we move into the new building code cycle in January, as well as on efforts across all our other programs and activities.”
The full AWC board of directors includes:
- Chairman Allyn Ford, Roseburg Forest Products;
- First Vice-Chairman Danny White, T.R. Miller Mill Company;
- Second Vice-Chairman Neil Sherman, LP Corporation;
- Immediate Past Chairman Andrew Miller, Stimson Lumber;
- and, Adrian Blocker, Weyerhaeuser Company; Furman Brodie, Charles Ingram Lumber Co.; Tom Corrick, Boise Cascade; Eric Cremers, Potlatch Corporation; Mike Dawson, Norbord, Inc.; George Emmerson, Sierra Pacific; Michael Giroux, Canadian Wood Council; Jim Rabe, Masonite; Fred Stimpson, Canfor Southern Pine; Marc Brinkmeyer, Idaho Forest Group; Fritz Mason, Georgia Pacific; and Joe Patton, Westervelt.