WASHINGTON – More than 50 forest products industry leaders from across the country are on Capitol Hill today representing the interests of the nearly 900,000 Americans in talking to Members of Congress about the top priorities for paper and wood products manufacturers.
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) and the American Wood Council (AWC)
- carbon neutrality of biomass;
- reasonable air regulations;
- inclusion of paper and wood products in USDA's BioPreferred program;
- corporate tax reform;
- postal reform;
- truck weight increase for federal highways;
- maintaining paper options for all Americans;
- recognition of multiple credible green building rating systems; and
- support for wood in building energy codes.