There are 2 parts to registering for an AWC Webinar Education event:
- First in the AWC system and
- Then in GoToWebinar (GTW).
Why 2 parts? Registering with AWC will enable to you receive your continuing education credits such as Continuing Education Units (CEUs), Professional Development Hours (PDHs) or Learning Units (LUs), whereas registering with GTW will enable you to join the webinar when it begins.
The complete process of steps is as follows:
- Go to the AWC home page and click on the Education Tab at the top left and then select Event Calendar which will take you to: AWC's Education Calendar of Events at http://awc.site-ym.com/events/event_list.asp
- Find the Event for which you want to sign up and click on "Register."
- If you aren't already registered with AWC, create an AWC account at www.awc.org (this will also automatically log you in to the AWC website).
- If you are already registered with AWC, log into your account at https://awc.site-ym.com/
- Complete the form and follow the prompts.
- After clicking "Finalize registration," you will be automatically redirected to the next part of the registration process which takes place in GoToWebinar (GTW) at http://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/... where you will be asked to enter your name, email address, and organization (see screen image below). Here you may choose to verify the time of the webinar in your time zone.
- Upon clicking "Register" in GTW, you will see the following screen:
Here, you can use the pull down menu to add the Event to your personal Calendar.
- At the conclusion of this registration process, you will receive the confirmation email from email@example.com with the subject line: "Thank you for registering for the event."
- In addition, GTW will send you an email confirmation from AWC Education [firstname.lastname@example.org] with the Subject line showing the title of the webinar you signed up for. This email contains key pieces of information so be sure to flag it in your email system as you will need it on the day of the webinar to join the session. It provides links for:
- Where to get details about the webinar,
- A link to the resource page, where an Adobe PDF copy of the course presentation will be available 48 hours before the webinar
- Time conversions to know when to attend the webinar in your time zone,
- Instructions on How to Join the Webinar, including a link to system requirements and your unique Webinar ID link which allows you to join the webinar.
Be sure to join the webinar at least 15 minutes in advance of the start time. You will need to be in attendance at 5 minutes prior to the official webinar start time to hear some brief but important administrative details.
Please note that you will also receive reminder emails 1 day before and 1 hour before the webinar which will also contain your webinar link.
If you did not receive the AWC or GTW confirmations, check your SPAM filter first.
If you did not receive a GTW Confirmation email with a link to click on for the actual webinar, that means you did NOT fully complete your registration. In that case, you will need to go back to the AWC email confirmation and click on the link therein to register in GTW.