Page updated as of April 2020
State Code Agency:
State Fire Marshal and Building Official:
J. Michael Reed, State Fire Marshal
320 West 25th St. 3rd Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone: (307) 777-7288
Fax: (307) 777-7119
Current State Codes and Edition Adopted:
- 2018 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2018 International Existing Building code (IEBC)
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2011 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- 2018 International Fire Codes
Applicability (statewide, local, limited): LIMITED
Codes are primarily adopted and enforced locally. Wyoming statute 35-9-106 assigns authority to the Wyoming State Fire Marshal to establish minimum fire standards that are not to exceed the standards of the I-Codes for all new and existing buildings. Other Wyoming departments also have latitude to adopt codes as it pertains to the scope regulated within their department.
Amendments Disadvantaging Wood Construction:
No apparent amendments, which are creating a disadvantage for wood construction.
The State code summary is here:
All local jurisdictions can make any amendments they deem necessary in their jurisdictions.
Next Update Cycle (amendment opportunities):