Page updated as of April 2020
State Code Agency:
Washington State Building Code Council
Current State Codes and Edition Adopted:
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC)
- 2015 International Fire Code (IFC)
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
Applicability (statewide, local, limited): STATEWIDE
Building codes are adopted in Washington by statute. The Washington State Building Code Council has authority to adopt amendments to these codes for statewide application.
Amendments Disadvantaging Wood Construction:
There are no apparent amendments negatively impacting wood construction.
Next Update Cycle (amendment opportunities):
Expected date most recent code will be adopted.
Tall Mass Timber
The IBC tall mass timber provisions found in the 2021 edition of the IBBC became effective July 1, 2019.