Page updated as as of April 2020
State Code Agency:
Oklahoma Uniform Building Code Commission:
Billy Pope, Chief Executive Officer
2401 NW 23rd, Suite 2F
Post Office Box 12540
Zip Code 73157
Phone (405) 521-6501
Fax (405) 521-6504
Current State Codes and Edition Adopted:
Codes are adopted locally. The OUBCC has adopted nationally recognized base-model codes with modifications through the state's rulemaking process. All jurisdictions in the state of Oklahoma have the ability to adopt these minimum codes for their area. These jurisdictions may also adopt codes that are more restrictive.
- 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2015 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- 2015 International Fire Code (IFC)
Applicability (statewide, local, limited): LIMITED
Codes are primarily adopted and enforced locally. Each jurisdiction has adopted a variety of editions of the codes. The State has provided a base model for adoption however; it appears some jurisdictions have adopted earlier editions of the code.
Amendments Disadvantaging Wood Construction:
No obvious disadvantages.
Next Update Cycle (amendment opportunities):
Updated to 2015 I Codes on November 1, 2016. With the update to the 2015 I Codes, Section R302.13 was included in the adoption.
Statewide residential and building codes are reviewed by the OUBCC and then sent to the Legislature and Governor for approval.