Page updated as as of September 2019
State Code Agency:
State Building Official
Commissioner of Safety or designee - CHAIRMAN, Donald P. Bliss
State Building Code Review Board
Department of Safety
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305
Current Codes and Edition Adopted:
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2015 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
Applicability (statewide, local, limited): STATEWIDE
The New Hampshire State Building Code Review Board is charged with the coordination and adoption of the state building code. The Building Code Review Board is also responsible to hear appeals of variances or exceptions to the state fire code that have been granted or denied by the State Fire Marshal.
Please review the information found here for code adoption: https://www.nh.gov/safety/boardsandcommissions/bldgcode/nhstatebldgcode.html
Amendments Disadvantaging Wood Construction:
No apparent amendments.
Next Update Cycle (amendment opportunities):
State Building Code Review Board is in the process of preparing documents to adopt the 20?? codes.