Page updated as of May 2020
State Code Agency:
Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Council
8181 Independence Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Current State Codes and Edition Adopted:
Louisiana has a statewide adoption with mandatory enforcement of the Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code (LSUCC). The Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Council (LSUCCC) is the promulgating authority of the LSUCC except the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals (LDHH) promulgate the LSPC.
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- Louisiana State Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2006 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), (Residential)
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), (Commercial Low-rise Residential)
- 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- 2015 National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 101
- 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC)
Applicability (statewide, local, limited): MANDATORY STATEWIDE
Codes are adopted and enforced locally. Each jurisdiction is required to adopt the State Building Codes.
Amendments Disadvantaging Wood Construction:
No obvious disadvantages.
Next Update Cycle (amendment opportunities):
As of January 1, 2020, the State adopted the 2015 editions of the I codes.
Statewide building code adoption is required. For further information refer to the following link: