Page updated as of November 2018
State Code Agency:
State Building Official:
Codes and Standards Committee
Department of Administrative Services
Office of the State Building Inspector
450 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 1303
Hartford, CT 06103
Current State Codes and Edition Adopted:
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2015 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2017 National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 70, National Electric Code
Applicability (statewide, local, limited): STATEWIDE
Pursuant to the requirements of Connecticut General Statues § 29-252, the State Building Inspector and the Codes and Standards Committee are responsible for adoption of a State Building Code based on a nationally recognized model building code.
Please review the information found here for code adoption: https://portal.ct.gov/DAS/Office-of-State-Building-Inspector/Codes-and-Standards-Committee
Amendments Disadvantaging Wood Construction:
No apparent amendments.
Next Update Cycle (amendment opportunities):
The Department of Administrative Services is announcing its intent to adopt new State Building, State Fire Safety and State Fire Prevention Codes. The agency will accept comments from the public for a period of forty-five (45) days, beginning January 2, 2018 through the close of business February 16, 2018. See the code adoption page for details and key dates for the entire legislative approval process. Connecticut adopted the 2015 I-Codes on October 1st, 2018.