Page updated as of April 2020
Arkansas Insurance Department:
Allen Kerr, State Insurance Commissioner
1200 West Third Street
Little Rock, AR 72201-1904
Phone: (501) 371-2600 or 1-800-282-9134
Current State Codes and Edition Adopted:
The Arkansas State Fire Marshal’s office, State Department of Health and Human Services, and
Energy Office adopts Arkansas’ codes.
- 2011 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- 2012 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2006 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2006 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2009 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2012 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2006 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
Applicability (statewide, local, limited): LIMITED
Codes are adopted and enforced locally. All local jurisdictions can make amendments they deem necessary in their jurisdictions.
Amendments Disadvantaging Wood Construction
No apparent disadvantages at this time.
Next Update Cycle (amendment opportunities):
No current plan to update to 2015 "I" Codes.
Upon investigation of various communities, the range of code adoptions ranged from the 2006 to the 2012 Editions of the code. The ICC publishes the Arkansas Building Codes and are based on the ICC versions of the I codes.