LEESBURG, VA. – The American Wood Council today announced the election of Stimson Lumber CEO Andrew Miller as the new AWC chairman for a one-year term, effective beginning January 2017.
Allyn Ford, chairman of Roseburg Forest Products was elected the first vice-chairman and Danny White, CEO and president of T.R. Miller Mill Company, was elected as second vice-chairman. Current AWC board chairman, Boise Cascade CEO Tom Corrick, will serve as the immediate past chairman.
Furman Brodie, vice president of Charles Ingram Lumber Co., was confirmed as a new member to the AWC board.
“I thank Tom Corrick for helping to grow our association and further define our path forward,” said AWC President & CEO Robert Glowinski. “With Tom as chairman this past year we developed and approved our second five-year strategic plan. As Tom shared with me during the process, ‘effective strategies are dynamic,’ and I look forward to implementing those captured in our new plan. At the same time, I welcome Andrew Miller as our 2017 chair and look forward to working with him as we continue the Board’s expressed vision.”
The full AWC board of directors includes:
- Chairman Andrew Miller, Stimson Lumber;
- First Vice-Chairman Allyn Ford, Roseburg Forest Products;
- Second Vice-Chairman Danny White, T.R. Miller Mill Company;
- Immediate Past Chairman Tom Corrick, Boise Cascade
- and, Aubra Anthony, Anthony Forest Products; Furman Brodie, Charles Ingram Lumber Co.; Fritz Mason, Georgia Pacific; Marc Brinkmeyer, Idaho Forest Group; Neil Sherman, LP Corporation; Mike Dawson, Norbord, Inc.; Eric Cremers, Potlatch Corporation; George Emmerson, Sierra Pacific; Joe Patton, Westervelt; Jim Rabe, Masonite; Adrian Blocker, Weyerhaeuser Company; and Michael Giroux, Canadian Wood Council